Wiseburn Watch is an organization run entirely by volunteers and a 501c(3) nonprofit under IRS guidelines.
- The goal of Wiseburn Watch is to maintain, protect and enhance the value of the community.
- To create and maintain productive relationships with law enforcement, county officials, and other groups with common interests in order to reduce crime, provide for the needs of the community, and increase disaster preparedness.
- To promote community improvement and beautification projects, as well as encourage “good neighbor” habits within the community.
- Assist in the training, equipping, and maintaining a community (CERT ) Community Emergency Response Team.
Every two years we hold a board election, we hope that some additional community members will be inspired to join the Board of Directors, and make the next two years even better than the last. The time has come to call for all those interested in becoming candidates for the Wiseburn Watch Board of Directors.
The deadline for submitting your name or nominating someone for the Board is Sunday, July 25th at 5 PM. If interested, please email email@example.com
How the voting process works:
- There will be a 1-week email voting period (between July 19th and July 26th). Candidate info & voter link will be sent out to all current watch members.
- Each member will get one vote. Voting is done through the email addresses used for the watch list.
How the new Board comes in:
- Mid-August – Joint meeting with both current and new board members.
- August – Transition period, information transfer from old to the new board. Members stay on in different roles, so this can be easy.
- September – New Board takes over operations. The new board elects a president from the group. The President will then assign different positions on the Board to the other members. You will get a chance to submit 3 choices for the job you wish to do.
We hope that you’ll consider joining the Board of Directors. It really is a great organization with hard-working neighbors, all getting stuff done for the good of the Wiseburn community.
WE ASK PLEASE ONLY CONSIDER RUNNING FOR THE BOARD IF YOU HAVE THE TIME AND ENERGY TO COMMIT TO DOING THE WORK – We need your help! 😁