Passing this to the community to help with locating appointments as I’ve heard positive reports from using these 2 sites which query availability across pharmacies/providers:
On March 2, 2021, a special election is being held with Measure A on the ballot.
A YES on Measure A will transfer the Choice Blocks (the area surrounded by La Cienega, 138th, Inglewood and 142nd) from the Lawndale (TK-8th grade) and Centinela Valley (9-12th grade) districts into the Wiseburn Unified School District. No more permits, no more displacement, finally full-fledged district residents and community members!
We need your help to get the word out. Tell your neighbors:
- We need a majority (51%) to pass the measure – that’s approximately 450 YES votes.
- Only Choice Block residents can vote on this measure.
- A majority YES vote will go into effect in July 2021.
- This is the final step to get our kids into WUSD permanently.
- Wiseburn Unified School District fully supports our transfer!
- Wiseburn Watch Board supports a YES on Measure A
- For more information on this initiative and what it means, please see the Choice Block Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/choiceblocks/
- Please see voting information at the LA County Registrar Vote site https://lavote.net/docs/rrcc/election-info/03022021_Measures-Appearing-on-the-Ballot.pdf?v=2
This year there will be no stops but Santa is going to tour our neighborhoods (both Wiseburn and Hollyglen) on Saturday, December 19th between 4:45 PM and ~7:45 PM. See route map details below.
Dear Wiseburn Community,
Please find below official links for how the world, nation, county, city and local school district are handling the COVID-19 outbreak (please be safe and practice social distancing and avoid propagating unsubstantiated information):
Given the County and City recommendations for gatherings and the current warnings about COVID-19 the March 18, 2020 Wiseburn Watch meeting is CANCELLED.
Please see that current world to local city/school recommentations and check frequently for updated guidelines.
Thank you LASD, Fire Department, and CHP!
Must have a QuickTime (.MOV) movie player to play video snippets below:
January 15th meeting minutes have been posted. Our next regular meeting is on Wednesday March 18th, 2020.
Saturday December 21st, 2019 – 4:30PM-8:30PM
Santa will be visiting Wiseburn, sirens and lights will alert that Santa has landed at a route stop in Wiseburn.
This year we are proud to collect toys (unwrapped toy or sporting good) for the LA County Fire SPARK OF LOVE toy drive*.
Please come one and come all, see the parade route at the flyer link below:
*donation not required to see Santa, each child will receive a small gift
Please note our upcoming watch meetings/events for 2019 are November 13 2019, while on Saturday December 21, 2019 we will be holding our annual Santa Parade.
For 2020, our first two meetings are January 15, 2020 and
March 18 of 2020
Meeting Agenda and details are posted at Meeting Dates page.
Please join us for the next Wiseburn Watch Meeting
- Date: September 18, 2019
- Time: 7PM
- JUAN CABRILLO ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
- 5309 W. 135TH STREET, HAWTHORNE CA 90250