Attached are our current reported crime stats as of 01/31/23. Many of you will notice a big drop in the numbers! Basically a new year starts a new count therefore these numbers will gradually rise as the year progresses.
As always, “see something say something” report any/all suspicious activity to our Sheriff’s Station @ 1-323-820-6700
Hear Rebecca Barboza, a Wildlife Biologist with the California Department of Fish and Wildlife South Coast Region, talk about Coyote Safety and Coexistence.
Wednesday October 26, 2022
7 PM at Cabrillo Elementary Performing Arts Center (PAC)
5305 W 135th St.
Hawthorne, CA 90250
Come prepared with your questions.
I just ran into the UWS Operations manager for our area, Victor Carrillo.
Here are the recommendations for the community to the questions I posed:
- What if I am missing bins? (i.e some/all WM got picked but did not receive UWS) Call UWS and say you do not have bins. This will be first priority and often same-day.
- What if I still have WM bins and want them replaced with UWS bins? Call UWS and they will schedule bin pickup and new UWS dropoff on a date (not necessarily waste pickup day) where you can safely put WM bins out.
- What if I keep my new and old bins? At some point during mid-October UWS will only service UWS bins and it will force you to call for pickup of old bins with replacement being UWS bins.
- What if my cart broke or the wheels fell off? UWS Operations Supervisor assures is these Toter 96 gallon buns are top of the line, if anything failed on the bins it may be the 3rd party delivery service not attaching the wheels properly or the truck using too much force on the bin. Both situations are being addressed by UWS with training. If you find yourself with UWS broken or wheeless bin, please call UWS and they will replace the cart .
- Bin swaps that are being done by one of the methods above happen on customer request. Bin swap checks will continue to happen in service (Monday) and on demand by contacting UWS below.
- There is a chance that WM did not transfer your account, the best identifier for you as a customer is your physical street address. Please note that they will make you setup an account if they are unable to find your address and name as a WM customer.
UWS is at (800)631-7016 and firstname.lastname@example.org
Wiseburn Crime statistics as of July 31, 2022 compared to 2021 month/3 month/year-to-date periods.
As of tonight’s @WiseburnUSD Board Meeting, 292 responses have been received and this has been mailed out to > 5000 households.
Make your voices heard about your thoughts and requirements, please visit wiseburn.org/ourfuture to learn more and take the survey
Meeting: Wiseburn Walking Path
Presenter: Department of Parks & Recreation
Date: Thursday, February 3rd, 2021
Time: 7:00PM – 8:00PM
* Presentation: Wiseburn Walking Path bollard light repair
* Q & A
The Department of Parks & Recreation team will present on Wiseburn Walking Path bollard light repair.
Please check your Watch email for zoom link.
West Basin is pleased to announce the launch of the Rain Barrel Program for 2022.
Residents of the West Basin service area may now register at www.westbasin.org/rain-barrels for free home delivery, or a drive-through pick-up event hosted in El Segundo on Saturday, January 29 from 8-11AM or at the Carson office on Saturday, February 5, 2022 from 8-11AM. Full details are on the webpage.
Apologies for all who tried to join remotely we will be broadcasting December 8th meeting. Please find below notes from our meeting on October 20th
- Please join us for a special meeting on December 8th where Department of Public Works will take our questions on establishing a Preferential Parking District
Wiseburn Watch Meeting
Wednesday 10.20.2021 @ 7:07 PM – 8:00PM
Eddie Urenda, President
Bill Magoon, VicePresident and Law Enforcement Liaison
Mary Radler, Treasurer
Phil Radler, Secretary
Tim Crise, Board Member
Government and Law Enforcement Partners:
Lt. Mike Modica, LA Sheriff Department,
CHP, Officer Karina Muñoz
Ara Ahn, Deputy for Constituent Engagement, Office of Sup. Holly J. Mitchell, 2nd District
– Welcome and Introductions
– Questions for Law Enforcement
– Crime Overview
– Mr. Bill tours the neighborhood
– Preferential Parking District
– Santa Parade
– Open Forum
Questions for Law Enforcement
Dispensary patrolling and shutdowns
Supervisor’s office (Ara) provided the name of the County Counsel working with LASD South LA Station Narcotics Division:
Deputy County Counsel
Office of the County Counsel Affirmative Litigation & Consumer Protection
648 Hall of Administration, 500 West Temple Street Los Angeles, California 90012
Lack of enforcement complaints for dispensary, please reach out to County Counsel for updates
Questions about use of guns for home defense
Will explore future sessions on gun use for home defense
Walking Path lighted cross path to be completed between Nov-Feb
Preferred Parking District
Invitations for December 8th Meeting DPW Preferential Parking District
December 18th Santa Parade invitations
Next Meeting Agenda Items
Special Meeting – December 8th, 2021 – Department of Public Works presentation on Preferential Parking District at Wiseburn Watch meeting (invites will follow)
Toy Collection will be for LA Sheriff’s Department Toy Drive
Santa Parade on Saturday, December 18th, 2021