Have you ever wanted to ask our Sheriff a question directly? If so you will get that chance soon! as Wiseburn Watch will be once again hosting a unique opportunity!
On Wednesday May 18th 2022 we will hold another Townhall type forum but this time it will be with Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva himself!!!
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!!
WHAT: Townhall Forum with Sheriff Alex Villanueva
WHEN: Wednesday May 18th @7PM
WHERE: Dana Middle School G/P room
5504 W. 135th St.
Hawthorne CA 90250
Spread the word & tell your friends & neighbors all are welcome!
MARK YOUR CALENDARS! as our next scheduled Watch Meeting will be Wednesday May 11th 2022
WHAT: Wiseburn Watch Meeting
WHEN: Wednesday May 11th 2022 @ 7PM
WHERE: Juan Cabrillo Elementary School G/P Rm.
5309 W. 135th St.
Hawthorne CA 90250
Agenda & discussion topics have yet to be determined!!
Hope to see you there!!!
Please save the date on Wednesday October 20th at 7PM where we will be hosting our first in-person watch meeting since January 2020!
Date : Wednesday October 20th
Location: Cabrillo Elementary Performing Arts Center (PAC)
More details and an official agenda as we get closer to the date, many updates on is going on in the community and how we can continue to work together to make it safe and beautiful community.
Wiseburn Watch is an organization run entirely by volunteers and a 501c(3) nonprofit under IRS guidelines.
- The goal of Wiseburn Watch is to maintain, protect and enhance the value of the community.
- To create and maintain productive relationships with law enforcement, county officials, and other groups with common interests in order to reduce crime, provide for the needs of the community, and increase disaster preparedness.
- To promote community improvement and beautification projects, as well as encourage “good neighbor” habits within the community.
- Assist in the training, equipping, and maintaining a community (CERT ) Community Emergency Response Team.
Every two years we hold a board election, we hope that some additional community members will be inspired to join the Board of Directors, and make the next two years even better than the last. The time has come to call for all those interested in becoming candidates for the Wiseburn Watch Board of Directors.
The deadline for submitting your name or nominating someone for the Board is Sunday, July 25th at 5 PM. If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
How the voting process works:
- There will be a 1-week email voting period (between July 19th and July 26th). Candidate info & voter link will be sent out to all current watch members.
- Each member will get one vote. Voting is done through the email addresses used for the watch list.
How the new Board comes in:
- Mid-August – Joint meeting with both current and new board members.
- August – Transition period, information transfer from old to the new board. Members stay on in different roles, so this can be easy.
- September – New Board takes over operations. The new board elects a president from the group. The President will then assign different positions on the Board to the other members. You will get a chance to submit 3 choices for the job you wish to do.
We hope that you’ll consider joining the Board of Directors. It really is a great organization with hard-working neighbors, all getting stuff done for the good of the Wiseburn community.
WE ASK PLEASE ONLY CONSIDER RUNNING FOR THE BOARD IF YOU HAVE THE TIME AND ENERGY TO COMMIT TO DOING THE WORK – We need your help! ?