Wiseburn Watch is an organization run entirely by volunteers and a 501c(3) nonprofit under IRS guidelines.
- The goal of Wiseburn Watch is to maintain, protect and enhance the value of the community.
- To create and maintain productive relationships with law enforcement, county officials, and other groups with common interests in order to reduce crime, provide for the needs of the community, and increase disaster preparedness.
- To promote community improvement and beautification projects, as well as encourage “good neighbor” habits within the community.
- Assist in the training, equipping, and maintaining a community (CERT ) Community Emergency Response Team.
Every two years we hold a board election, we hope that some additional community members will be inspired to join the Board of Directors, and make the next two years even better than the last. The time has come to call for all those interested in becoming candidates for the Wiseburn Watch Board of Directors.
The deadline for submitting your name or nominating someone for the Board is Sunday, July 25th at 5 PM. If interested, please email email@example.com
How the voting process works:
- There will be a 1-week email voting period (between July 19th and July 26th). Candidate info & voter link will be sent out to all current watch members.
- Each member will get one vote. Voting is done through the email addresses used for the watch list.
How the new Board comes in:
- Mid-August – Joint meeting with both current and new board members.
- August – Transition period, information transfer from old to the new board. Members stay on in different roles, so this can be easy.
- September – New Board takes over operations. The new board elects a president from the group. The President will then assign different positions on the Board to the other members. You will get a chance to submit 3 choices for the job you wish to do.
We hope that you’ll consider joining the Board of Directors. It really is a great organization with hard-working neighbors, all getting stuff done for the good of the Wiseburn community.
WE ASK PLEASE ONLY CONSIDER RUNNING FOR THE BOARD IF YOU HAVE THE TIME AND ENERGY TO COMMIT TO DOING THE WORK – We need your help! 😁
Ocean Gate Church will be having Vacation Bible School for children and youth on July 20-22 between 1 PM – 2:30 PM, for more information please contact the Church via one of the methods below:
- Phone: (310) 770-4715
- In-person at the Church: 13443 Ocean Gate Ave
With the change of seasons, you may have noticed an increase in the amount of trash/dumping in the Wiseburn neighborhood.
What can you do? Inform your friends and neighbors of how to get help from our County and Utility service providers.
Here are 6 resources on keeping the community clean by requesting service and disposing properly and legally of large items, carts, graffiti, animals, and pests, please help avoid blight in the neighborhood:
- Bulk-item Pickup Waste Management provides FREE unlimited items pickup twice per year all you have to do is schedule it 48 hours in advance of our Monday pickup day and have it on the curb by 6AM on Mondays
- simple online form you don’t even need to know your account number – Request Bulk Pickup Form – Waste Management
- Acceptable items include furniture, mattresses, rugs, appliances and electronic waste, such as TV’s, computers and VCR’s
- Ten (10) 32 gallon resident-generated trash/yard waste bags allowed in lieu of one bulk pickup.
- Non-acceptable items include construction debris, haz waste, auto parts, industrial discards, liquids and excessively large items.
- Illegal Dumping? Report it to the Department of Public Works via the The Works app (often use this for items left on La Cienega – it works!)
- Abandoned shopping cart? – call California Shopping Cart Retrieval Corporation at (800) 252-4613, by email, or online.
- Graffiti Call the Graffiti Hotline at 800 675-4357 (HELP) or Graffiti Report page
- Stray or confined animals including dead animal pickup and non emergency dog bites – Count of LA Animal Care – Service Request
- Mosquito, bee, or red fire ants? – LA County West Vector Control District – call (310) 915-7370 or Service Request – West Vector Control District
Passing this to the community to help with locating appointments as I’ve heard positive reports from using these 2 sites which query availability across pharmacies/providers:
This past Tuesday, March 2nd, 2021 those on the Choice Blocks (Wiseburn area between 138th and 142nd street) voted with a resounding Yes (over 94%) to join the Wiseburn Unified School District (WUSD). For those interested in the official results, please see the County Registrar’s page at Election Results (lavote.net)
More information will be published as we learn it, the WUSD is aware of the result and will be publishing information on the next steps (for now nothing changes until the administrative notifications are published).
Congratulations to the community for passing this important measure and making our homes part of the WUSD.