Media Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org – (213) 240-8144
For Immediate Release:
September 7, 2021
Ocean Water Use Warning for Los Angeles County Beaches
LOS ANGELES – The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (Public Health) continues cautioning residents who are planning to visit the below Los Angeles County beaches to be careful of swimming, surfing, and playing in ocean waters:
- Malibu Lagoon at Surfrider Beach
- Inner Cabrillo Beach in San Pedro
- Ballona Creek at Dockweiler State Beach (near Dockweiler Tower 40)
- Mother’s Beach in Marina Del Rey
- Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica
The warning has been issued due to bacterial levels exceeding health standards when last tested.
Recorded information on beach conditions is available 24- hours a day on the County’s beach closure hotline: 1-800- 525-5662. Information is also available online at our website: PublicHealth.LACounty.gov/Beach/.