Please find below the quick notes from our meeting on Wednesday September 22:
- Law Enforcement Officers present: Capt. Mendez (CHP WLA), CHP Officers Muñoz and Roque, LASD Lt. Mike Modica
- Crime Updates (see attached)
- Blake Silvers and Rebecca Hamburg Cappy presented on Measure EE on the November 8 ballot. Please see below for reasoning and materials presented. Summary: 98 M bond (75% paid by business, 25% paid by residents), see presentations attached below.
- Board Election – board member candidates were voted in by about 18-22 attendees, serving the 2022-2024 board will be:
- Letty Crise (new board member)
- Patrick Denny (new board member)
- Tim Crise (re-elected board member)
- Bill Magoon (re-elected board member)
- Eddie Urenda (re-elected board member)
- Open Forum
- UWS waste hauler complaints – below is a summary of recommendations previously send to the watch list:
1. What if I am missing bins (i.e. some/all WM got picked but did not receive UWS)? Call UWS and say you do not have bins. This will be the first priority and often same-day.
2. What if I still have WM bins and want them replaced with UWS bins? Call UWS and they will schedule bin pickup and new UWS drop-off on a date (not necessarily waste pickup day) where you can safely put WM bins out.
3. What if I keep my new and old bins? At some point during mid-October UWS will only service UWS bins and it will force you to call for pickup of old bins with replacement being UWS bins.
4. What if my cart broke or the wheels fell off? UWS Operations Supervisor assures that these Toter 96 gallon buns are top of the line, if anything fails on the bins it may be the 3rd party delivery service not attaching the wheels properly or the truck using too much force on the bin. Both situations are being addressed by UWS with training. If you find yourself with UWS broken or wheelless bin, please call UWS and they will replace the cart .
* Bin swaps that are being done by one of the methods above happen on customer request. Bin swap checks will continue to happen in service (Monday) and on demand by contacting UWS below.
* There is a chance that WM did not transfer your account, the best identifier for you as a customer is your physical street address. Please note that they will make you set up an account if they are unable to find your address and name as a WM customer.
UWS is at (800)631-7016 and