With the change of seasons, you may have noticed an increase in the amount of trash/dumping in the Wiseburn neighborhood.
What can you do? Inform your friends and neighbors of how to get help from our County and Utility service providers.
Here are 6 resources on keeping the community clean by requesting service and disposing properly and legally of large items, carts, graffiti, animals, and pests, please help avoid blight in the neighborhood:
- Bulk-item Pickup Waste Management provides FREE unlimited items pickup twice per year all you have to do is schedule it 48 hours in advance of our Monday pickup day and have it on the curb by 6AM on Mondays
- simple online form you don’t even need to know your account number – Request Bulk Pickup Form – Waste Management
- Acceptable items include furniture, mattresses, rugs, appliances and electronic waste, such as TV’s, computers and VCR’s
- Ten (10) 32 gallon resident-generated trash/yard waste bags allowed in lieu of one bulk pickup.
- Non-acceptable items include construction debris, haz waste, auto parts, industrial discards, liquids and excessively large items.
- Illegal Dumping? Report it to the Department of Public Works via the The Works app (often use this for items left on La Cienega – it works!)
- Abandoned shopping cart? – call California Shopping Cart Retrieval Corporation at (800) 252-4613, by email, or online.
- Graffiti Call the Graffiti Hotline at 800 675-4357 (HELP) or Graffiti Report page
- Stray or confined animals including dead animal pickup and non emergency dog bites – Count of LA Animal Care – Service Request
- Mosquito, bee, or red fire ants? – LA County West Vector Control District – call (310) 915-7370 or Service Request – West Vector Control District
Passing this to the community to help with locating appointments as I’ve heard positive reports from using these 2 sites which query availability across pharmacies/providers:
This past Tuesday, March 2nd, 2021 those on the Choice Blocks (Wiseburn area between 138th and 142nd street) voted with a resounding Yes (over 94%) to join the Wiseburn Unified School District (WUSD). For those interested in the official results, please see the County Registrar’s page at Election Results (lavote.net)
More information will be published as we learn it, the WUSD is aware of the result and will be publishing information on the next steps (for now nothing changes until the administrative notifications are published).
Congratulations to the community for passing this important measure and making our homes part of the WUSD.